Coming very soon to your waters edge - Fun & Boat Dive
*Fun Free Shore Dive(s): March 20 (Saturday) - Tacoma, WA (Les Davis Park)
(please let us know if you plan to dive) All are welcome, please call to register,
don't have a dive buddy, no problem; others will be looking for one.
*Charter Boat Dive(s): March 21 (Sunday) - Tacoma, WA (Bandito Charters)
Did I mention how fun boat diving can be and easy?
Never can learn enough, new or long time divers:
*Oxygen & Neurological Assessment: March 27 (Saturday - class only)
Do you and or your loved one (diver or not) really know what to do in a diving related incident?
(link on web site for info: http://www.pacifich2osports.com/dive/class_ox-neur.php)" />
*Adventures in Diving: April 7, 17 & 18 - Next program after open water diver - a few spaces left
Be a better diver, even if you are new to diving or have been diving for a while - 5 dives over 2 days
*Night / Dry Suit / DPV / Navigation: Pick A Specialty or Two - April 2010
We put together a combination of specialty programs, that you can get your fill of diving and have fun.
2010 Calendar of Courses: http://www.pacifich2osports.com/dive/classschedule.php
2010 Calendar of Dive Events: http://www.pacifich2osports.com/dive/adventures.php
Rescue Diver Refresher/Review: You asked for it and we made it happen. In our May & August Rescue Diver programs we will be offering for those that are PADI Rescue Diver certified an opportunity to refresh your in water Rescue skills. If this is something you think you might be interested in please let us know and we will put you on the list. I will have more information in our April SCUBA eNews.
Cozumel January 22 - 29 2011:
We have a great amount of interest for this trip and we thank you for your support . Trip will involve: *8 days/7 nights at Scuba Club Cozumel, * 5 days/2 tank dives, *Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner, *Unlimited Shore Diving, *Tanks/Weights and more *Non-Divers welcome. We have the dates set at this time, we are confirming the total cost. If you are interested and have not called or emailed, please do. We are planning to have a get together once everything is set in stone and for those with interest will receive a special invitation to the "Cozumel Going Wild".
FREE Dry Suit Undergarment:
Back by popular demand Bare is offering until March 29, 2010 a FREE undergarment with the purchase of a BARE Dry Suit, this could be up to a $430.00 saving for you. (Ask Us For Full Details)
Link to Bares web site for dry suits and accessories: http://barescubadiving.com/usa/drysuits-and-underwear/default.asp
FREE Regulator & Octopus:
Purchase a Mares Puck 3 Gauge Console (Computer, Pressure Gauge, Compass)
at Regular Price and Receive a Prestige 12 Regulator/Octopus absolutely FREE.
Great for travel or here, compact, light weight ALL for ONLY $560.00
Regulator details: http://www.mares.com/product_detail.php?id=441®ion=USA
Computer details: http://www.mares.com/product_detail.php?id=396®ion=USA
(limited to stock on hand, no other special offers apply or gear certificates)
Test Your Knowledge on Diving Physics:
1) Sound travels approx. _____ times faster in water than it does in air. (a) two (b) four (c) ten
2) The specific gravity of pure water is: (a) 0.0 (b) 1.0 (c) It varies according to where on earth it is measured
3) Refraction is caused by the process of: (a) light traveling at different speeds as it passes through different substances. (b) the changing speed of light due to sunspot activity. (c) water absorbing various wave lengths of light beginning at the red end of the spectrum.
4) Divers are most affected by what form of heat transmission? (a) Conduction (b) Convection (c) Radiation
1) (b) four times. In air sound travels approx 1,100 ft per second. In water it travels 4,800 ft per second.
2) (b) 1.0 pure water is used as the basis of the specific gravity scale. Therefore, it is assigned the value of 1.0. Substances with a value less than 1.0 are, by definition, less dense than pure water and will float. Substances with values greater than 1.0 are more dense and will sink.
3) (a) As light passes through transparent substances of differing densities, the speed at which it travels changes. This change of speed causes the light wave to bend "refract."
4) (a) Conduction refers to the transmission of heat via direct contact. Convection and radiant transmission of heat are relatively unimportant to divers.
***Information was gathered from the PADI Diving Knowledge Workbook, great book for all those un-answered questions, come check it out, we have them in stock.